June 1st, 1989. Sorry I haven’t written for so long. I’ve been busy. Tonight we ate pork chops with rice pilaf and dinner rolls. I ate two pork chops, but I didn’t like the dinner rolls.
I’d like to say I’ve evolved since then, but I feel compelled to apologize for not blogging these last few weeks, and to inform you I had a Cup O’ Noodles and pretzels for dinner. The pretzels were stale. I found them in my office.
My wife makes fun of the rote detail of my journal entries.
Today in typing class we learned the letters J and F.
Today we learned Y and T. I have a hard time hitting the Y.
But who else knows the exact day they learned to hit the Q without looking at the keyboard? I do. October 19th, 1991. It was a special day for me. We had meatloaf for dinner.
I like to think that someday the team from CSI could accurately reconstruct my 7th grade typing class.
“She couldn’t have gone missing that Friday,” Horatio will say, taking off his sunglasses. “They were learning the H and G that week, and the victim’s finger clearly shows stretching of the tendons. That could have only happened on a B or Y day, which didn’t occur until two weeks later.”

“But we found remnants of corn dog and tater tots in her teeth,” Delko will rebut. “And according to this journal, they were served on October 5th, but not again until November 27th.”
Horatio, framed by the setting sun and a pine tree, will let out a long, calculated sigh. “The journal doesn’t lie,” he’ll say. “It’s boring, but it doesn’t lie.”
Perhaps I’ve gotten past journaling the minutia of my life, but it’s hardly any more worthy of NBC primetime. I could tell you how I learned today that Oliver Wendell Holmes, as a Supreme Court judge, favored the uncertainty of pragmatism over the immutable platonist "Truths" (with a capital T) of his antebellum youth. But is that really CSI material?
Maybe House could pull it off. He could find the connection between Holmes, the Cup O' Noodles, and the weird itch in my belly button.
6 comments:
Your journaling does appear to lack excitement. Your blogging however is quite good, though somewhat infrequent. Your Mother appears to have fed you well, but for me...the roles were always the best part! It also appears you have been watching 'way' too much TV. It would seem...your real life roll has mind-melded with your TV life. If you don't seperate the two quickly the repercussoims coyld bee devestayting...
I'm just glad we've never sat down and gone through my childhood journals! Yikes.
You really do need to write more, for the fans....I'm one of them. Oh, does my grammar just kill you??? I don't do....punctuation! well,
The fun club is glad you are back from your long winter's nap or mid day snack. We look forward to reading more of the exciting life of a professor at UNH.
I tried to write down what I ate everyday on my mission but I found myself dry-heaving way too often.
I'm just glad you've thawed from your eastern winter long enough to write again! Definitely miss your wit/sarcasim.
Post a Comment