Friday, October 2, 2009

Flower Girl

Today, I stood at the top of a steep hill in front of the elementary school and watched my kids run down it. I wished I had my camera, because I knew it was only a matter of seconds before they would crash and burn.

Surprisingly, Elliot was the only one to fall.

She was wearing pink slippers and as she gained speed, she yelled, “Ooh, a flower.” Her attempt to bend over and pluck the flower despite her velocity proved problematic. “I’m Okay!” she yelled as she rolled and tumbled down the hill. “I’m Okay!”

She crawled back up to the flower, which turned out to be a wilted dandelion. “Oooh,” she said, and plucked it. She got to her feet and began running down the hill again. She only made it ten feet before face planting. As she tumbled, she held her dandelion up so it wouldn’t get smooshed. “I’m Okay!” she yelled. “I’m Okay!”

3 comments:

skinton said...

Little house on the Prairie comes to mind.

Quail Ridge Travelers said...

I just love that little girl.

Retired and Happy said...

I think Elliot is set for having a good life. Another reason why she reminds me of her mother. She tough, has fun,is always happy, can take on her brothers and sister and can say the funniest things. What a cutie.