Friday, October 8, 2010

Future Professors

Griffin asked Laura and I if Harvard was a college or a high school. When we told him it was a college, he asked if it costs a lot of money. We told him yes, and he said he's going to start saving his money, because he's going to Harvard.

Later, Griffin told me he wants to be be a paleontologist, so he needs to go to the best college possible so he can be really smart. I told him it isn't the college that makes a person smart, and that I knew a lot of smart people that went to crummy colleges and a lot of stupid people that went to great colleges (he asked which stupid people I was referring to, but I assured him he didn't know any of them).

"But if I want to be smart and go to a great college," he said, "I can still go to Harvard, right?" I told him yes--that's what his grandfather did.

Miles then declared that he wants to go to Yale to become an archeologist. I proposed that someday all of us could be professors at the same university. "Yeah," said Miles. "We can eat lunch together and talk about our cool discoveries. Well, Griffin and I can talk about our cool discoveries, and you can...what do you do again? Do you just teach? You can talk about that, I guess."

1 comment:

Retired and Happy said...

Mike I love it. Those boys are something else. I guess professors don't have much to talk about. You may just have to sit and listen to their discoveries. That saying kids say the funniest things is really true.